Popular Posts

Wednesday 25 May 2011

7 Ways Managing E-Mail Inbox

The social media is making it possible for us to link up with everybody, and the result is that we have an influx of mails coming in at “supersonic speeds” filling in our inbox. You wake up in the morning, and it is as if you never read your mails yesterday. Twitter, Facebook, from bloggers, RSS feeds and just anywhere and everywhere where you have subscribed.  Well there is hope.  Organizing your Inbox is the solution and this is how I manage and yes, I enjoy receiving mails from all of you.
  1. Microsoft Outlook - I use Microsoft Outlook where I have synchronized all my emails and receive them without having to constantly log-in all the time.  All my email accounts are visual at one glance.
  2. Be short and precise.  I try to avoid Hi, Hello etc, and best regards, especially once I have communicated with the person on the same day.  If you use web-based email and Firefox as your browser, then there are some add-ons like Paste Email which helps you to paste repetitive texts in forms or emails with one or two clicks. I personally do not use copy and paste a lot as I prefer to send personal emails, therefore I use the KISS (Keep It Short & Simple) method.
  3. Create Folders :  I created folders where I drag and drop emails that I consider important and that I may need to refer to later.  Facebook folder for all important tips which I may need to refer to. Folder for Registrations – I have registered to God knows how many social network and every time there is a different log in details so I drag & drop all these as they come. You will decide how many folders you will create, but I recommend not to overdo it, otherwise you will have your inbox/folders looking very similar
  4. Time Frame – set a time frame on how long you will spend in reading your emails.  I normally spend 20 – 30 minutes spread throughout the day where I track mark the emails which need my immediate attention, postpone others for a later time and so on. These I can track at a later time or date to attend to.
  5. Be hard and do not hesitate to delete mails which you know that even after tomorrow you will not be attending to them.
  6. Do not leave anything for the next day as you will not have time to attend to it.
  7. My final tip is get a very good and reliable anti-virus software which will move some of those emails directly to junk mail

No comments:

Post a Comment